This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how DBDOYC INC. (Company No. CS201610651) (the “Company”) and its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities (the “Group”) use your Personal Data.
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you can be personally identifiable, including but not limited to your name, official identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, designation and the organization you work in, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to the Company in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms in whatever format and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious, political or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However if you do not provide the Company your Personal Data, the Company will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However if you do not provide the Company your Personal Data, your request for the use of the Application may be incomplete and the Company will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes outlined below and may render the Service inaccessible by you.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause the Company to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to the Company directly, the Company may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
1. Fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms;
2. From publicly available sources such as directories,
3. From the Company’s social media pages, if you follow, like, subscribe or are a fan of such pages;
4. From credit reporting agencies;
5. When you interact and communicate with the Company at any events or activities;
6. When you enter into contests organized by the Company,
7. From various entities or divisions or affiliated with the Company; or
The Company may use and process your Personal Data for business purposes and other legitimate activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purpose”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by the Company:
• to perform the Company’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
• to provide you with any service you have requested;
• to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
• where you have requested to download and use Angkas App (the “App”), to process your request, to deliver the App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the App;
• to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
• to process, manage or verify your application for subscription to the Company and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
• to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
• to understand and analyze our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
• to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs; and
• to process exchanges or product returns;
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider:
• for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
• to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by the Company in order to engage you;
• to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided; and
• to contact you in relation to our existing or previous business relations;
• to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
• to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
• for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, compiling of statistics database records;
• for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime; and
• for the Company to comply with its obligations under law;
For the foregoing purposes, the Company processes your personal data pursuant to the Company’s legitimate business interests and objectives and/or it is preparatory to, necessary to and/or is related to the fulfillment of a contract.
The Company may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”) on the basis of the company’s legitimate business interest or objectives and/or the consent that you have previously given the company:
• To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
• To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
• To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
• To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand, by email and/or other electronic means.
If you have opted to receive marketing communications such as email, SMS, push notifications or similar messages upon registration of your account in the Applications, Websites or software, you may choose to opt out of receiving further communications. For all email marketing communications where you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by the Company, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future. For SMS, push notifications or similar messaging channels, you may click on a button to opt out from your User Profile on the Applications or Software. If the ability to unsubscribe or opt-out of any of these channels is unavailable, please contact the Company to opt out manually.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed (i) in a jurisdiction other than your home nation or (ii) other the country, state and city in which you are domiciled while using any services provided by the Company (“Alternate Country”), and/or (iii) where the Company’s servers are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data of your home nation or Alternate Country as described herein.
Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes, subject to a data sharing agreement as required by law. Further, the Company may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
1. The Company’s partners, which include parties with whom the Company collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
2. event management companies and event sponsors;
3. marketing research companies;
4. service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
5. professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants; and Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
6. Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request change or correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
ADDRESS: Globe Telecom Plaza Tower 2, Madison, Mandaluyong, 1500 Metro Manila, Philippines
Email: [email protected]
Subject to applicable laws, the Company reserves the right to impose a fee for access to your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, the Company has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any corrections to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data or usage of the Websites, Applications or other Software to be collected via cookies on the Websites, Applications or other Software any further, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. The Angkas.com website contains cookies from Google Analytics which are used to measure user interactions, in order to understand how users navigate through the Application, for marketing purposes, advertising and to improve the service.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their personal data to the Company and that you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
By communicating with the Company, using the Company’s services, purchasing products from the Company or by virtue of your engagement with the Company, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent, where such consent is legally necessary, to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by the Company as described in this Notice.
The Company has the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time as it deems necessary by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate the Company, by continuing to the Company’s services, purchasing products from the Company or by your continued engagement with the Company following modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall be deemed your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, if any, the English version shall prevail.